Accredited Mental Health First Aid Courses
Mental Health First Aid Training
Course Length: 12 hours over 2 days face-to-face
Mental Health First Aid is the help provided to a person who is developing a mental health problem, experiencing a worsening of a mental health problem, or in a mental health crisis.
Course topics include:
- developing mental health problems, depression, anxiety problems, psychosis and substance use problems
- Mental Health Crisis situations including suicidal thoughts and behaviours, panic attacks, trauma and severe psychotic states
Participants will each receive a pack containing the
- Standard Mental Health First Aid Manual
- Beyond Blue resources and publications
- Additional information on local professional services
At the completion of this course, all participants are eligible to become Accredited Mental Health First Aiders for no additional cost.
No prerequisites for this course.